Robert L. McNealy, President
Rob McNealy has more than a decade of experience in the flooring industry, as a contractor, certified inspector, walkway auditor, and expert witness. It’s this background in site and floor safety and his passion for creating for safer walkways that led him to found the Safer Walkways Association.
From his early days working construction to get through college to his Master of Business Administration degree, Rob has gained incredible knowledge about the flooring industry and walkway safety. In 2005, Rob founded his own custom flooring company, where he gained experience in materials, installation and inspections.
Further training enabled Rob to certify as a floor inspector for commercial and residential buildings as well as a certified walkway auditor through the National Floor Safety Institute. He’s also an expert witness and has given his professional views in many court cases involving slip and falls. Rob is certified or licensed in more than a dozen specialties, and has received extensive construction and inspection training.
In addition, Rob has been active in educating and connecting professionals in the flooring and walkway industry via a number of online platforms, from articles and podcasts to the creation of Safer Walkways Association.
Rob received his Bachelor of Science in Geography/Land Use Planning/Environmental Analysis from Central Michigan University, and a Master of Business Administration from Colorado State University. He currently lives in Salt Lake City, Utah with his wife, Kristie, and their four children.
- Safer Walkways Association (2015 – Present)
- Institute for Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)(2014 – Present)
- National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI) (2013 – Present)
- Institute for Floor Covering Inspectors (IFCI) (2012 – Present)
- Arapahoe Community College Interior Design School Board of Advisers (2009)
- American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) (2007)
- National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA) (2005 – 2010)