Business owners who hire a Tampa walkway auditor are well on their way to boosting the safety at the workplace for foot traffic. But why is floor safety important? It’s because thousands of Florida employees and customers suffer from slip and fall accidents each year, and many of those incidents result in serious injuries. That’s not good for business owners who want to take care of their people and also avoid liability lawsuits.
Why Hire a Tampa Walkway Auditor?
While it is true that hiring a Tampa walkway auditor will boost the overall safety of the workplace, many business owners don’t really understand why or how. The facts are that flooring problems could lead to devastating slip and fall accidents that can result in injuries to the head, neck, back, hips or extremities. As a result, the victim could suffer from lost wages, big medical bills, and plenty of pain and suffering.
If the victim feels that the business owner was somehow negligent in their floor safety plan, or neglected to take care of long-standing hazards, they could launch a liability lawsuit to collect compensation for the injury and the resulting hardships. No business owner in Tampa wants to go through that, so it’s a good idea for them to be proactive and hire a Tampa walkway auditor.
What Does a Tampa Walkway Auditor Do?
Tampa walkway auditors use their professional experience as flooring contractors, installers and certified walkway auditors to check out the workplace and identify hidden hazards. They know what to look for in a floor safety plan and have the know-how to see what flooring is safe and well-cared for instead of what flooring has problems.
These are just a few of the steps that a Tampa walkway auditor might perform:
- Arrive with equipment, notebooks and cameras to begin the audit.
- Examine every floor surface, walkway, doorway and hallway.
- Perform tests, analyze cleaning and maintenance, take pictures, and record observations.
- Prepare a detailed report noting all observations such as any high risk areas or hazards.
- Ensure that the report also includes advice and suggestions on how Tampa business owners might remedy any hazards.
- Schedule a follow-up meeting to talk about the solutions and amend current floor safety plans.
Hiring a Tampa walkway auditor is one of the best things that a business owner can do to ensure that employees and customers will be kept as safe as possible from a slip and fall accident at work.