Jefferson City business owners need to work with experienced walkway auditors to make sure the flooring at their place of business isn’t dangerous to foot traffic. There are many slip and fall accidents at work, and some can result in serious injury to the victim.
Unfortunately, many business owners overlook floor safety, and create conditions that may cause harm to others. A Jefferson City walkway auditor can point out high-risk areas and help business owners get their property back in shape.
Here are just a few important things that a Jefferson City walkway owner might share with business owners so they can boost walkway safety at work:
- Remove clutter and debris from walkways and stairs.
- Perform regular cleaning using approved cleaners for the flooring material.
- Schedule regular maintenance and repairs.
- Create a floor safety program to take care of spills as soon as they happen.
- Hold initial and follow-up training sessions on floor safety for all employees.
- Make records of training sessions for official files.
- Fill out any accident reports that relate to slip and fall accidents.
- Hire a Jefferson City walkway auditor for regular inspections.
Jefferson City business owners are responsible for providing employees and customers with a low-risk place for slip and fall accidents. While they may feel like they are doing everything they can, a Jefferson City walkway auditor will bring their expertise and years of experience to make the place even safer.
Slip and fall accidents are the most common cause of workplace injuries, so smart business owners hire Jefferson City walkway auditors to point out risks and advise on how to fix them.
So what does a Jefferson City walkway auditor actually do? Using special equipment, a practiced eye and drawing on years of flooring experience, they evaluate all the flooring in the workplace. They take detailed notes and evaluate every inch of the business.
Then, they create a detailed report that outlines the entire workplace, highlighting areas where the facility has a high risk of slip and falls. Walkway auditors don’t leave the business owners high and dry, however. They provide recommendations on what needs to happen to bring the areas into compliance and minimize the hazards to foot traffic.
No matter what, the Jefferson City walkway auditor provides an accurate and thorough overview of the workplace. They are an invaluable service that gives Jefferson City business owners a chance at keeping foot traffic safer at work.