Walkway audit certificate holders or WACH, are independent auditors that can help businesses throughout Montgomery ensure that every step their employees and customers take is not likely to lead to a slip, trip or fall injury.
Why is Floor Safety a Big Deal?
With a workplace injury, business owners are vulnerable to lawsuits that may try to prove that there was neglect involved. In other words, victims may try to show that the owner knew about the unsafe flooring conditions and did nothing to take care of it or to warn employees and customers about it. Such court cases can be financially devastating for business owners, and the best way to prevent them is to ensure that no slip and fall injuries happen in the first place. The good news is that Alabama business owners who use a Montgomery walkway auditor have a head start in making the workplace safer.
Common Causes of Walkway Accidents
Learning what is most likely to cause slip and fall accidents gives business owners a heads up in working to prevent them. There are a variety of conditions and situation that can cause slip and fall accidents:
- Wet floors
- Oily floors
- Dry floors coated with dust or powder
- Uneven surfaces
- Newly polished or waxed floors
- Loose flooring
- Bumpy or slippery mats
- Abrupt transitions from one type of flooring to another
- Missing or uneven floor tiles and bricks
- Damaged or irregular steps; no handrails
- Sloped walking surfaces
- Clutter, such as with electrical cords and cables
- Inclines that don’t have skid-resistant surfaces
- Bad weather, like rain, ice, and snow
Montgomery walkway auditors can look for immediate hazards, evaluate care and maintenance over the long term and advise business owners on how to do things better—from cleaning to repairs and much more.
5 Tips from Montgomery Walkway Auditors
Montgomery walkway auditors offer 5 pieces of advice to business owners that will significantly minimize the risks of slip and fall accidents and injuries:
- Train employees to recognize hazards, like spills or trip hazards, and report them immediately.
- Designate a crew that is trained to identify the hazard, take care of it, and write up a report on it.
- Use proper cleaning products, equipment and techniques to keep flooring in excellent condition.
- Hire a walkway auditor to perform an initial audit and a follow up assessment.
- Take care of any repairs, maintenance or replacement needed for floors that are worn or damaged in any way.
There are so many things that business owners in Montgomery need to do to keep their business safe for everyone who sets foot in the building. With the help of a Montgomery walkway auditor, the flooring is one less thing to worry about in keeping injuries to a minimum.