The reason that many Ontario business owners don’t focus on floor safety or hire a walkway auditor is because they are unaware of the important role that such a person can make in boosting workplace safety. Once they have a better understanding of what to expect, Ontario business owners may be more likely to hire an Ontario walkway auditor. It’s a smart decision that is made for the best interests of owners, employees and customers.
The audit may seem intimidating to those that don’t know what it involves. Business owners understand better about what they need once they learn about all the hidden hazards to foot traffic that can exist at work.
These are just a few of the steps that take place when an Ontario walkway auditor arrives on location:
1. The auditor brings in equipment and note-taking equipment to begin the audit.
2. They examine at every surface, walkway and more of the workplace.
3. The Ontario walkway auditor spends many hours talking to maintenance and cleaning personnel about their processes and procedures.
4. They finish the audit after several hours and collect all their data from tests, people and company owners.
5. The walkway auditor puts all the findings in a detailed report that they deliver to the business owner. It highlights every hazard and risk, and provides solutions and recommendations of how to eliminate the problem areas.
6. The Ontario walkway auditor is available for follow up meetings, regular inspections and further advice
There’s no reason for Ontario business owners to delay in hiring a walkway auditor to check out the workplace. A thorough inspection is exactly what they need to ensure that the workplace is the best it can be and that the foot traffic is not subject to risks or hazards. The Ontario walkway auditor provides all kinds of feedback on how owners can boost safety. An Ontario walkway auditor will give information that really will benefit business owners for many years.