There are some North Carolina business owners out there who simply don’t feel the need for a Raleigh walkway auditor. Most of the time, they’ve been lucky and haven’t faced a liability lawsuit from an injured employee or customer. Many times, the business owners simply don’t understand what a walkway auditor even does. The good news is that it is never too late to hire a walkway auditor and gain insight into how the workplace can be made safer for all.
Raleigh walkway auditors are independent, certified professionals who do an important task for business owners throughout the state. These auditors are experts at identifying hazards that may not be noticeable to untrained observers. They will spend plenty of time going through the place of business so that every inch of walkway has been inspected. No Raleigh business owner wants to see a customer or employee get injured at the workplace, especially if the cause of the accident was preventable. That’s why so many business owners are turning to Raleigh walkway auditors to help them minimize the risks of a slip and fall accident.
Raleigh walkway auditors will follow a certain set of steps that help business owners identify what areas of the workplace are potential hazard zones for foot traffic.
- A Raleigh walkway auditor will set up an appointment to carry out the audit. It will take several hours.
- During the audit, the walkway auditor will bring notebooks, special equipment and a camera.
- Using these tools, the walkway auditor will inspect every area in the workplace, making notes, conducting tests and taking pictures.
- There may be several people that the auditor wants to interview, such as the maintenance staff, building manager and cleaning crew.
- After the audit is finished, the auditor will take several days to compile a detailed report.
- The report is delivered to the business owner and it includes details on high risk areas, any problems discovered, and suggestions and recommendations on how to resolve the problems.
- The walkway auditor can schedule annual audits to ensure the workplace continues to be safe for employees and customers.
Raleigh walkway auditors are on the front lines when it comes to foot traffic safety, and smart business owners know that it’s important to ensure that all areas of a business location are safe, including the flooring.
It’s true that floor safety at the workplace is entirely the responsibility of Raleigh business owners. A walkway auditor can help with an overall floor safety plan to ensure that foot traffic isn’t encountering any significant obstacles or faulty flooring. A Raleigh walkway auditor can make a real difference in floor safety for any business, especially when they make regular visits. Business owners should contact a Raleigh walkway auditor as soon as they can for immediate floor safety.