Can a Salem walkway auditor really boost the safety of a workplace and eliminate risks of slip and fall accidents for both employees and customers? The answer is a resounding yes!
Hiring a Salem Walkway Auditor
Many Salem business owners don’t realize that it is always a good time to hire a walkway auditor. They may believe that walkway auditors are only for inspections during flooring installation or new building construction. The truth is that it is beneficial for walkway auditors to check out the flooring of buildings of all ages. Even if a workplace’s flooring has been fine for many years, there are conditions that may arise where flooring that was once deemed safe becomes a high risk for injuries via slip and fall accidents.
Business owners should know that Salem walkway auditors are independent, certified experts who have years of experience in flooring inspections, walkway safety and flooring installations. These experts can identify hazards that untrained people simply cannot. They also have specialized equipment that can help them determine all kinds of things about flooring, such as surface friction.
What Do Salem Walkway Auditors Do?
Business owners may be interested to know that Salem walkway auditors conduct their audit in a certain pattern, with set steps that help them identify hazards at the workplace. Here is a brief outline of what happens during a walkway audit.
- Setting up the appointment at a time when the business owner, maintenance personnel, and cleaning crew will be present.
- Bringing notebooks, equipment, camera and more to conduct the inspection.
- Inspecting every foot of walkways at the workplace by doing tests and taking photos, while making detailed notes.
- Interviewing people about how they both maintain and clean the flooring.
- Leaving to compile a detailed report for the business owner.
- Returning a finished report to the business owner with details on all the risky or hazardous areas at work.
- Discussing solutions to reducing risks for foot traffic, including repairs, replacements and more. ,
- Consulting the business owner on any future flooring issues and perhaps even return for another audit to ensure the solutions were implemented properly.
Ultimately, business owners in Salem and across Oregon are responsible for all the foot traffic at the workplace, and safety should never be compromised. The best business owners quickly realize the importance of hiring a Salem walkway auditor to ensure that the flooring at work is safe and secure.