When it comes to the health and safety of your employees, you are one of those business owners who goes above and beyond to make sure that all hazards are minimized and potential problems are taken care of. That’s why you need the services of a Sacramento walkway auditor. If you haven’t hired one already, it’s never too late.
What Does a Sacramento Walkway Auditor Do Exactly?
Sacramento walkway auditors are trained to evaluate flooring surfaces for all kinds of issues. Primarily, they can determine whether an area is at a high or low risk for a slip and fall accident. These accidents can happen if there is a problem with the flooring itself or a problem with how the company handles spills, cleanup, maintenance and even long-term care. Sacramento walkway audits keep track of what you are doing to ensure that the flooring is safe and slip free.
What Can Business Owners Do to Reduce Risk?
A Sacramento walkway auditor will use special equipment, combined with years of experience and training, to check each area of the workplace. They will also provide training, advice and recommendations for business owners once their investigation is complete on how to take the best care of each type of flooring, and what to do in the event of an incident, from a spill to a slip and fall.
Here are 5 tips that Sacramento walkway auditors give to business owners:
- Have an immediate action plan in place to handle spills or trip hazards.
- Train an employee or group of employees that know how to identify hazards and take care of them, such as setting up “Wet Floor” signs then cleaning up a spill.
- Create an incident report if there is a slip and fall accident at work.
- Only use proper cleaning products and equipment specially designed for that type of flooring.
- Schedule a regular audit with a Sacramento walkway auditor to do follow-up assessments.
Sacramento business owners can sleep well at night knowing that they are doing everything possible to care for the flooring at work, and minimize hazards associated with employee or customer slip and fall accidents.