When it comes to keeping employees and visitors safe at work, Hawaii business owners are definitely doing the right thing when they hire a Hawaii walkway auditor to come out and inspect the flooring, walkways and surfaces oat the workplace. Smart business owners know that workplace safety is their responsibility and they don’t want anything to happen onsite that could cause injury.
Slip and fall accidents are the most common cause of workplace injuries, and they can result in lost workdays, limited productivity and a drop in morale, not to mention the pain and suffering of the victim. In the worst case scenarios, workplace slip and fall accidents can lead to liability lawsuits that can be emotionally and financially devastating to business owners.
So how can Hawaii business owners minimize the risk of such a serious thing? They can hire a Hawaii walkway auditor and gain peace of mind about the safety of foot traffic at work.
Here are just a few tips for Hawaii business owners about floor safety and Hawaii walkway auditors:
- Smart business owners know that hiring a Hawaii walkway auditor means they are doing everything they can to prevent such an accident.
- Hawaii walkway auditors inspect all kinds of flooring and walkways, such as tile, stone, laminate, hardwood, vinyl, resilient and more.
- Walkway auditors perform an initial audit of the flooring at work, using observation as well as specialized equipment to perform tests.
- Hawaii walkway auditors are specifically for hazards, wear and tear, proper cleaning techniques, obstacles, weather-related conditions and much more
- After the audit is complete, the Hawaii walkway auditor creates a detailed report showing all the findings.
- The walkway auditor’s report usually includes photographs, any test results and notes on high risk areas at the workplace.
- The report also contains recommendations for minimizing the risk in hazardous areas, plus any advice on cleaning or maintenance improvements, among other things.
- The inspectors will also provide follow-up inspections to ensure that any problem areas were fixed and the flooring continues to hold up under foot traffic.
Hiring a Hawaii walkway auditor can help business owners across the state feel more confident that their business—and their employees—are as safe as possible. It’s no secret that improving the conditions for all foot traffic will minimizing slip and fall accidents, reduce the impact of costly repairs due to neglect, and reduce the risk of liability lawsuits. All Hawaii business owners should contact a Hawaii walkway auditor as soon as possible to implement this often ignored aspect of workplace safety.