Smart and savvy business owners know that hiring a Topeka walkway auditor—who has experience in tile, stone, laminate, resilient, carpet, hardwood, vinyl and more—is one of the best decisions they can make for their business and for their employees and customers. It shows that they are doing everything they can to prevent such an accident.
The simple act of hiring a Topeka walkway auditor can ultimately save a business owner a lot of time, stress and money. How? Here are 5 reasons that walkway auditors should be an important part of any business safety and wellness plan.
- When it comes to keeping employees and visitors safe at the workplace, business owners are definitely doing the right thing when they hire a Topeka walkway auditor. The flooring expert will come to the workplace and inspect the flooring, walkways and surfaces there.
- Slip and fall accidents are the most common cause of workplace injuries in Topeka and across the country. Sometimes the victims receive injuries that are severe, causing them to lose their jobs and take on high medical bills, plus live with pain and suffering.
- In extreme cases, the victim may even file a lawsuit against the Topeka business owner. To avoid any workplace slip and fall accidents that can lead to liability lawsuits and emotionally and financially devastate a business, owners should arrange for a thorough walkway audit.
- If the court determines that the Topeka business owner was in any way negligent in caring or maintaining the flooring at the workplace, they may be held responsible for legal fees, lost wages, medical bills and an amount for pain and suffering.
- If a business owner can show the court that they have had regular walkway audits and flooring inspections, it can help prove that there was no negligence involved when it comes to floor safety. It’s even better if the business owner can show a series of audit reports that reveal low risk for the walkways at work as documented by an expert in the field on a regular basis.
Topeka walkway auditors look specifically for hazards, flooring defects, installation issues, wear and tear, proper cleaning techniques, obstacles and debris, weather-related conditions and much more when they conduct their audit. After all the onsite inspections have taken place, the auditor prepares a detailed report for the Topeka business owner.
The Topeka walkway auditor’s report will include photos, test results and detailed notes on every high and low risk area at the workplace. The auditor’s recommendations for high risk areas are also included. The business owner can then choose to follow the advice to make the workplace safer for foot traffic.
Hiring a walkway auditor can help business owners in Topeka and across the state feel better that their customers and employees are safer at the workplace. All Kansas business owners should contact a Topeka walkway auditor as soon as possible to implement this often ignored aspect of workplace safety.